If you are a Franklin County, Ohio resident – you can change your life in as little as five (5) weeks and begin earning $50,000 to $65,000, plus benefits, as a new commercial driver! No previous experience necessary! Learn more about how you can start your new career today!
Roads2Work – Franklin County is a five (5) week commercial driver (CDL) training program partnership featuring soft skills training and case management services through a partner workforce agency and commercial driver career skills training and job placement services through Capital Transportation Academy.
The mission of Roads2Work – Franklin County is to prepare low- and moderate-income individuals who are unemployed, under-employed, career transitioning, and restored citizens for immediate employment in the transportation industry as a commercial driver.
Roads2Work – Franklin County is funded by Franklin County Department of Job & Family Services and supports the Franklin County Board of Commissioners Rise Together Blueprint for reducing poverty in Franklin County, Ohio.
In order to pre-qualify for Roads2Work – Franklin County, you must:
- be 21 years of age, or older
- be a Franklin County resident
- have no felonies of a violent or sexual nature
- have a good driving record with 4 points or less
- have no DUIs, OVIs, or reckless ops in the last 5 years
- have no more than 1 accident in year; 2 in 3 years
- must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol screening
- must successfully obtain you’re Class “A” CDL Temporary license at the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) prior to program enrollment
- must successfully complete the Capital Transportation Academy review process to determine employability upon graduation
- must successfully complete the workforce agency partner intake process to determine if you meet the income qualifications
If you are a Franklin County, Ohio resident and would like to learn more about the Roads2Work-Franklin County commercial driver training program contact Capital Transportation Academy’s Student Recruitment Manager, Philip Shotwell, via phone at (614) 258-0400 ext. 106, or via email at email@example.com .
If you are a Franklin County, OH resident and would like to apply for admission to the Roads2Work-Franklin County commercial driver training program, please complete the following online intake form at https://apply.roads2work.com/. A program representative will contact you to set up an admissions interview.